January 26, 2011
21:15- I am on a HUGE plane. (Seat 35C on a A-330 to be exact. It has two floors.) We are 38,000 feet above the North Atlantic Ocean. We've been fed dinner (lukewarm pasta). I just drank a plastic cup full of anonymous red wine (quasi-Merlot) and the lights are now dimmed for sleeping. Normally I would be sleeping, too, but this is not very comfortable. I'm nervous. We are about halfway through our 8-hour flight from Detroit to Amsterdam and I'm not even a little tired. I just finished watching "Eat, Pray, Love" (great movie) and played a few rounds of solitare (I suck). I jsut found a music channel on my airplane headphones that plays all "Theivery Corporation" music (love that band) and music remixes. Anyone that has been in the car with me longer than 15 minutes knows how much I love house/techno. I'm as happy as a horse in June grass. :o)
The group I am traveling with and serving with is great - everyone is friendly and I am looking forward to making new friends. But right now I am thinking of my family: of Matt tucking the girls into bed without me, of my comfy home and familiar routine, of my loving husband who knows my heart so well that he gladly sends me on mission trips to feed my spiritual side. I can't wait to hug and kiss them all again, but am trying to stay focused on my goals here, and I intend to savor every moment and life lesson this trip has to offer. I am so priveledged to be here, on a giant plane cruising over the ocean, listening to great music and looking forward to a great week and a half in Kenya!
No comments:
Post a Comment