Friday, December 23, 2011

It's almost Christmas!!!

What a fun week!  Matt is not teaching this week, and Maddie is not in school, either.  Having everyone home (minus my three required work days) has been such a blessing. We have been really enjoying our 'together' time.

Two nights ago we went to a Grand Rapids Griffins hockey game.  We had two extra tickets, so we invited Charlotte's friend, Alysse, and her daddy, Casey. 

Of course, Charlotte just doesn't go out (not even to a hockey game) without her Sunday best: fancy necklace, pin-on flowers and a fancy headband....

This was Elliott's first major sporting event.  I wasn't sure how he was going to enjoy the large crowds and the hockey game itself.  He did GREAT!  Matt was teaching him how to shout at the players (as if they could hear us from the upper deck....).  I can honestly say he thoroughly enjoyed the experience.


And Madeline was actually following the puck back and forth, and anticipating goals, plays, etc.... 


Their favorite part, however, was the dance music in between plays.  It's no surprise that they were totally worn out at the end of the game and asking to go to bed.....  :o)

We received the results of Elliott's CT scan yesterday: totally normal.  I knew it was a long shot that it was going to be a comlication of his spina bifida, but I just had to know for sure.  Being a nurse is hard for a Mommy - I know just enough to make myself worry but not enough to talk myself out of it.  Especially when it's my kid. I guess that's what makes me a good nurse. So the headaches are likely due to his major dental abscesses and his oral surgery and should be improving.  The plan is to wait two weeks and then reassess.  If he is still having terrible headaches, then we move on to an MRI.  It's still not 'normal' for a two-year-old to have headaches. 

And.... now I am offically in my mid-30's.  I am a mortgage-holding, van-driving, family-loving mother of three and I couldn't be happier.  We celebrated my birthday by hiring a babysitter and having a night out without the kids.  It was the first night Matt and I have had together without kids since Beijing in October.  And it was wonderful.  We went out to dinner and ended up a a pottery studio ( I love to get into my creative zone and exercise my artistic side once in a while! ).  Thank you for all of the sweet birthday wishes!

Today we are anticipating the arrival of my parents (wai-po and wai-gong in Mandarin) and a fun Christmas celebration. 

 Santa's coming!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment